Hey WI and national media! Thanks for your coverage of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker. Your scrutiny has been much appreciated. However, it seems that many of you have been caught unprepared by how breathtakingly and shamelessly dishonest he's been in his responses. He's a weasel -- so you have to work hard to nail him down.
Here are some questions that might help with that.
1. Who exactly raised the idea of planting instigators in the ranks of the protesters? When can you provide us with a name? How often was it discussed?
2. You criticize unions OKing contracts that don't incorporate concessions raised by union leaders yet you have maintained that you wont negotiate. So if you won't budge should we be surprised they won't make concessions?
3. Why didnt you raise doing away with collective bargaining and placing curbs on unions during the election.
4. Your campaign criticized Barrett for mmsd runoffs, but BRB would allow communities to stop disinfecting water. Isnt that hypocritical?
5. Can you elaborate on what sort of support you hoped the man you thought was David Koch could provide to some senators?
6. Where were you when you spoke to the man you thought was David Koch?
7. You call these changes modest, yet you didnt apply them to firemen or police out of concern for potential job actions. How is that consistent?
8. Do the savings you believe local govs and school districts can generate if the brb is passed take into account the fact that some entities already have contracts in place?
9. Can you comment on the status of the John Doe investigation into activities of your campaign supporters.
10. You attribute attendance at rallies to people from out of state. What percentage of protesters do you believe to be from out of state? 25%? higher? Lower?
There's more, but that's a start. He could weasel out but you have to try.
Also -- please don't only look at who gets cut in the budget, but who gets fat as well. Because that should clarify what this is all about.